Wednesday, December 2, 2009

{She Said} It Must Be Love





I have a passion. I LOVE decorating my house for the different holidays. Now, you may not see this as particularly odd and I guarantee you that it isn't over-the-top to the tune of transforming my house into what the inside of a gingerbread house would be if they were large enough to live in (though that would be awesome and when I have infinite amounts of time and moneys I will certainly consider it). However, I do decorate for even most of the minor of holidays in some way shape or form- Flag Day, Labor Day, and New Years are not ignored at my house. Anyway, I digress, so I particularly (as all normal people in this world) enjoy decorating for Christmas. It is even to the point that I practically have a list of stores that I hit up the weekend after Halloween to see what their X-mas theme is that year.



Now that I have established my zeal for seasonal and especially Christmas decorations you will understand the seriousness of the fact that I have now waited until almost a week after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas. You see, Matt had a paper due Monday and then an exam today so he was unable to participate in the festivities with me and I just couldn’t bring myself to leave him out. This is partially because he was trained so well by his mother as to the proper fluffing of Christmas tree branches but it is primarily driven by my not wanting A: for him to miss out and B: for me to miss his presence during this tradition. Hence- I love Matt enough to wait on him for the Christmas decorating merriment- it must be the real thing.

No comments: