Approximately a month ago, Matt had a brief bout of anxiety over preparing for the Bar. After hearing bits about it for a couple days, I sat Matt down and gave him a motivational speech that went something like this…
Look, this is just what we are going to be doing for the next two months. You will be going to class and studying, i.e. all the hard work, and my entire existence will be dedicated to supporting you in that endeavor, i.e. the fun part. It is what it is. We can’t change the fact that you have to take the bar but we can do the very best we can to avoid you from having to take it again. I will try to keep you fed and the house a stress free environment. This is our life for two months. We can do anything for two months.
Well there you go. And let me tell you, when I don’t have to do the work, I can be VERY motivational. Amen to that!
With that said, here is the general schedule these days:
Matt gets up at about 7:30 A.M. and after getting ready, I either pop a granola bar in his hand on the way out the door or go with him to the coffee shop for a little breakfast. Bar Prep class starts at 9:00 A.M. and goes until about 12:30 P.M. After a (supposedly) brief lunch break, he then goes down to the dungeon (library) and studies until about 6:30 P.M. He has been very good about being concerted about studying while at school so that when he comes home he can relax. There have been a couple exceptions to this schedule but that is his general day-in and day-out.
I imagine that it is just as thrilling to read as it is to live.
2 days ago
1 comment:
You sound like a fantastic wife! Way to go cousin!
Post a Comment