Thursday, June 10, 2010

{She Said} You Can't Write Stuff Like This

I’ll say it- I LOVE REALITY T.V. I loved it from the beginning and you know what I am talking about- Real World Season One: New York. I followed all of the Real World seasons until they went into Road Rules, then I followed that and then as the genre expanded, I watched whatever they gave me. Since it seems to now dominate television with countless different concepts going on and starting at any given time, I have to be more picky. At this point, I really only define reality T.V. as a show that follows a person or group of people in their daily (created for good T.V) activities. My current favs…

Real World/ Road Rules Challenge- the only reality T.V. Matt enjoys with me. This is actually a bit more of a game show but since it comes from the origins of true reality T.V. I give it a pass. Such characters.

Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood- I want to be best friends with them. Such antics.

Kate Plus Eight- glad it’s back, she cracks me up trying to modify her behavior to not look so extreme. Such a nut.

Real Housewives- I used to only be true to the O.C. but I watched NYC this past season and really enjoyed it. I will be watching Bethenny Getting Married. On a side note, one of the early shows on this NYC season featured The Countess explaining that if you ask a friend to drinks or lunch etc that it is expected that you are to pay. I love you all but don’t assume that of me- I will tell you if I plan to pay. Such you-know-whats.

These certainly aren’t the only ones I watch (ahem Kendra, 19 Kids and Counting, 16 and Pregnant, Guilliana and Bill, Jersey Couture the list goes on and on) but they are currently highest on the list.

As you are already judging me (don’t deny it), let me tell you what the entertainment value is here. I think it is hilarious that people actually act like this. I don’t get to see people act so blatantly ridiculous in my real life… in my world, people deny me entertainment by acting ridiculous in a reserved manner. When they are actually blatantly ridiculous, they are usually accompanied by a person that is more reserved and will tell them to chill out. In reality T.V. everyone is blatantly ridiculous. It’s wonderful. Can’t buy it, like elegance. Elegance is learned. Thanks Countess.

1 comment:

Jana McGowen said...

OMG, i love all the exact same guilt reality shows you mentioned here as high on your list (except 16 and pregnant only because i think i watched it too much for the first season and then watched repeats and i just get too frustrated with the absentee teenage fathers (no offense to men generally who read this or the man who jen calls The Man; it just really does get annoying if you watch that show you know what i mean)). Anyway, i feel better knowing that i am not the only person that watches these awesome shows! Elegance is overrated and boring.