Thursday, September 16, 2010

{She Said} No Name

Because I have been absent lately and Matt is inconsistent, I’ll give you a conversation I had with a particularly precocious student a couple weeks ago.

Student: Mrs. Gilpin, when you are grading papers and have one with no name on it, do you throw it away?

Mrs. Gilpin: No. (Student walks away)

A couple minutes later, Mrs. Gilpin approaches said student.

Mrs. Gilpin: Student, you are a smart kid, I know it and I can tell by the way that you act that you know it. Don’t you think your question a minute ago had an obvious follow-up question?

A moment of blank stare.

Student: Where do you put those papers?

Mrs. Gilpin: Ah hah- there you go. In the no name drawer (pointing in the general direction of said drawer)


That’s me- answering the tough questions day-in and day-out all while knocking some down a peg.

No comments: