For those of you from my generation, maybe this will make sense to you… I am a Chandler. For those of you not from my generation and/or just not enlightened, I offer this analogy to help your understanding.
Scrooge from A Christmas Carol is to Christmas as Chandler from Friends is to Thanksgiving.
I don’t care much for Thanksgiving. I love the concept- the holiday always leads to some really serious internal ponderings and prayer of gratitude for my wonderful life and all the blessings that have been given to me. So, in short, I appreciate the reminder to take some quiet time to be thankful but the holiday in general is not enchanting for me.
Thanksgivings in my recent lifetime (since approximately age 11) have generally brought family strife, illnesses, arguments, sad/ hurt feelings, complications, overdosing on food that isn’t that good to begin with, feelings of fatness, etc. You can’t say I didn’t warn you… bah humbug.
Matt and I are working on rectifying this situation. Every year, we work to remedy the Thanksgiving mess that always ensues but we haven’t avoided it yet. We will do better for the baby… I just don’t know exactly what that will look like yet.
All that being said- I love you all and am very grateful for you in my life. Thank you for everything you do for me and all of our wonderful memories. If half of you are just half as grateful for me as I am for you, I consider myself truly blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving!
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment