Definitely, undeniably pregnant. Still feeling pretty good. Sleeping is becoming more of a task. I get aches in weird places when I lay down… like in my back around my shoulder blades. Baby takes after daddy- most active in the evening. It’s to the point that if you watch my belly when he is moving around a lot you can see the little bumps. Most of the time, I don’t really feel too affected by the increased weight at the front of my body but every couple of days, the little boy settles in a particular way that makes the bottom of my belly feel really heavy. On those days I tell him to be careful to not fall out- those aren’t comfortable days.
My feet don’t have the same stamina they used to. The bottoms become quite painful after an hour or so of shopping. This is devastating to me- my heart wants to go on but my feet just say no no no. We have gotten some more comfortable yet fashionable shoes for me. They do help some in delaying the inevitable.
At the last doctor’s appointment I had my first measurement that was on the “bigger than average” side. My belly/ uterus measurement is now a quarter of a centimeter bigger than average. So I might be carrying one of those gargantuan Gilpins after all. We’ll see how it goes from here.
Recent accomplishments include painting the nursery navy blue, ordering the major items: crib, glider, wall accoutrements, etc, and registering.
I have to tell you, my belly is cute. So far, I don’t have stretch marks, the dark line, extra fuzz, a rash or blotchiness, and my belly button remains an innie. I do belly butter it after every shower- I don’t really think this is a magical secret but there you go.
With that positive, I will also tell you that pregnancy has given me some unfortunate love handles. It is the one thing Matt comments on when we have the “am I starting to look too fat” conversation. We all have our own burdens to bear. (Side note: just had to google whether it was “bare” or “bear.” The most helpful response was from yahoo! Answers- Unless you are undressing the burden, the word you want is "bear.") On that note, I will also tell you that Matt now exclaims “BOOM!” most times I sit down. He thinks it’s funny; I think it’s an unfortunate reality right now that I go down pretty heavy.
And evidently I spit a lot.
Moving into the third trimester soon… trying to soak up all the wonderfulness of the second trimester while I still can.
2 days ago
2 comments:
Yea! I have been waiting for one of these kinds of updates. Good stuff!
Haha Boom! Pow! Bam!
So super hero of him :)
Post a Comment