Just after Zach was born, I sobbed on the phone to my mom, sharing my feelings of being overwhelmed and then feeling bad for those feelings. She said something that I have hung on to...
She told me that when I was born she felt the exact same way and a good friend of hers told her that she would feel completely out of control for the first month but by the end of that first month she would feel like she was getting a hang of things. By the third month she would really feel like she could do it and would feel confident reentering the world. And my mom confirmed that it was true for her.
Coming around the bend to the 3 month mark I can confirm that I am feeling like I can do this. I can be a mommy. And I might even get good at it eventually (but really only by the grace of God and his gift of my wonderfully patient and gracious baby)!
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment