Monday, August 1, 2011

{She Said} Public Toilet

Ok, so I admittedly have a bathroom thing. My mom has many times told the stories of me wanting to check out the bathroom of whatever store, restaurant, house, etc that we visited when I was younger.

The other day I found a doozie! It was at a gas station and I need to preface with these two things: it was the ladies room and it wasn't a single occupancy restroom. I walked in and there was a toilet in the middle of the restroom (i.e. in the middle of the floor- no enclosure). To the left of that, a stall with another toilet. Hmmm. Just so you know, you will find out in a minute that there was toilet paper with that exposed toilet so the intention was there for that toilet to be used.

Despite my general rule of making an attempt to choose the toilet less traveled by, I chose the one in the stall. Come to find out (all too late I might add) it was out of toilet paper. Evidently EVERYONE makes the same decision I made. Upon exiting, I chose to check and see if the public toilet was stocked. That roll hadn't even been started yet. I guess the attendant figures there's no way the women that have been through there have gone through two whole rolls of toilet paper. Must be a man that sees no reason why one of his ladies room toilets would be used more than the other.

As a side note. The soap dispenser was broken too. You can't have less than ideal toilet paper situations AND soap problems- you have to pick one or the other.

No comments: