Thursday, September 1, 2011

{She Said} The New Group

A couple things about this new batch of sevies (cool code for seventh graders):

They like to keep their school supplies in the original packaging. They open a tiny corner or slit the bottom, pull out the pen or eraser they need and when they are finished squeeze that item back into the package. I guess it’s resourceful.

They wear feathers in their hair. I don’t think I can pull that off but I might try.

They wallpaper their lockers. It’s fabulous. Complete with rugs, lamps, picture frames and more.

They always dress so that they can play soccer at a moment’s notice. We are talking soccer sandals with socks, athletic shorts, and ratty t-shirts.

They like to be sassy. This is something I can take care of.

They don’t know what to do when you don’t do things for them. No, I won’t just give you the answers. No, you can’t just look at my key. No, I won’t bring you the pencil sharpener. No, you need to come get your locker combo for yourself. All of these responses are countered with a blank stare.

They like to, when you are giving them simple instructions, look at you as if you are yelling at them. Oh no, I don’t think that’s specific to this year.

They move slowly. It seriously takes 10 minutes for all of them to turn something in.

They are still hilarious and pretty fun to hang out with during the day.

1 comment:

Higginski said...

Thanks for this report - helps me stay fresh with what the kids are doing. I was very interested to hear about the hair feather thing - I've seen that here and in Buffalo and I kind of like and hate it at the same time. At first I felt like it looked like a bird had flown overhead and was molting. Then I thought it was kind of cool and Native American. I support you getting some and letting me know how that goes.