Tuesday, September 13, 2011

{She Said} The Horror

There is a combination lock affixed to one of the desks in my classroom. Like, locked around one of the poles on the desk. Not impeding the use of the desk what-so-ever.


I can’t even tell you how many times students have come up to me in a panic to inform me of this fact.

At first, I tried to teach a lesson by asking said student if it was causing a problem in the use of the desk. To which the answer was inevitably, “no.” Then I would ask, “then why are you so worried about it and what do you expect me to do about it?”

Now I just look at the alarmed student with a straight face and respond with, “yep.” To which they usually respond by saying, “ok” and walking away.

Hmmm. Maybe I’ll make a sign for my desk that informs the children that I know of this crisis and I am doing nothing about it…

“Don’t tell me about the lock.”

“I know about the lock and I am just going to have to let it explode.”

“The lock already ate a student so I’m not going to mess with it.”

“What, there’s a lock! AHHHHH!”

“I hate locks, they drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a little desk, a little desk with locks…”

No comments: