I had the blues for a little while after having Zach. It was about average- maybe to Matt a little worse than average. I was pretty open with anyone I talked to about it- usually because I would break into tears while talking to them for no good reason and then I would feel the need to explain myself. After that fog lifted, the anxiety set in.
I would self-diagnose post-partum anxiety. I haven’t seen anyone about it but I might. It isn’t constant- in fact it comes in pretty significant waves. Sometimes I go days feeling great, empowered and secure about life. Other times I have very low stretches where I am constantly under a heavy weight of anxiety.
I worry about if something happens to Zach. Why did I put myself in a position to be devastated like that? Maybe we should just go live in a cave somewhere so that I can protect him from everything.
I worry about if something happens to Matt. I can’t do this myself- I’m not strong enough.
I worry about if something happens to me. I don’t want to miss anything.
I worry about little things around the house. Dishes. Cleaning. Laundry. Bugs. Cracks. Doors getting stuck. Lawn work. Plumbing. It doesn’t matter if there is a problem or even if there isn’t anything to do- I worry about it.
I worry about spending money. We are fine financially but I worry about it anyway.
I worry about other people. Even though it is none of my business and they are fine.
I worry about global warming.
I worry about the economy.
I worry about politics.
I worry about what to eat.
I worry about worrying so much.
With all this worry has come a lot of prayer and lately I have felt something a bit different. Another blogger put it perfectly… lately I have heard the distinct whispers of, “You’ve done enough, let me take it from here.” Thank you.
2 days ago
2 comments:
*hug* I also worry about everything, but...always have. >.< It's not related to postpartum, but three days after delivery I did have severe postpartum anxiety and panic attacks. I'd say that it's more common than they lead you to believe. A lot of people must just not mention it or something.
The only thing that gets me through the worry is to pray...that's it. The coming to grips with not being in control and knowing who is, God. It's hard to let go...us control freaks. :-p *hug*
Rachel gave me some great verses as I too worry quite a bit and self diagnosis :-):
"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink ; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? "
"And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?"
My fav: "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
I hope you know I'm not intending to be preachy but these help me on those worrisome days that rise up every now and again. :-)
Post a Comment