Friday, September 30, 2011

{She Said} Our Morning Routine


Just for posterity…

I wake up and get ready for the day. At right about 6:20 AM I go in and turn a low light on and start talking to the baby. He slowly starts stretching and I take him out of his swaddle. We have a short cuddle before I change his diaper. By the time the fresh diaper is fully affixed, Zach is talking to me. I change him into his school clothes for the day, give him his vitamins, and give him a saline spray in the nose. If he is particularly curious that morning he gets to play with Sophie the Giraffe- sometimes she is passed from one hand to the other, sometimes she is sucked on, sometimes she is thrown. If he developed some goopy eyes over night, we then go in the bathroom and wash his face. This is, by far, his least favorite part of the process. After that it is breakfast and prayer time. In the middle of the feed we call to daddy and tell him to get up- Matt starts to stir. After Zach is finished with breakfast, we go into the kitchen and he plays in his bumpo while I make my lunch. Matt comes in around that time and prepares Zach’s Batman backpack for school that day. Zachy gets hugs from daddy on his way into his car seat and then we head out- sometimes all together, sometimes separately. It’s deliciously routine, predictable, and homey.

No comments: