2 days ago
Friday, October 28, 2011
{She Said} Intrusive Sock
Since we have had a Zach centered week here is a teaching moment…
Last week I had just delivered an amazing lesson… you know a typical day in my classroom. I went back to my desk as the students were starting an independent learning activity and as I turned back to face the students noticed one had his hand raised.
I called on him and this is the conversation that ensued:
Me: Yes, [enter student’s last name here- I call them by last name so they don’t confuse our relationship to be that of a buddy]
Said Student: Mrs. Gilpin, I just found a sock in my pocket.
Me: blank stare at said student
Said Student: What should I do?
Me: Well, ok, let’s walk through this. Do you have only one sock on right now?
Said Student: No
Me: Alright so we can’t put it on your foot. Does it look like a sock that you would own?
Said Student: Yes
Me: Alright so you aren’t a sock stealer. That’s good.
Said Student: I think it’s mine.
Me: Does it cause you discomfort to have the sock in your pocket?
Said Student: No
Me: Ok, well, I’ve analyzed the data and I believe the best course of action is to put the sock back in your pocket.
Said Student: Ok, thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That BLOWS MY MIND!
Thank God you were there to help this student!
Post a Comment