Wednesday, November 16, 2011

{She Said} Assistance Anxiety

I have a hard time when other people are holding and/or tending to my baby but not for the reasons you might expect.


When Zach starts getting fussy, hungry, tired, etc., I have a hard time deciding when to intercede. Is the person getting annoyed and just doesn’t want to be the person that gives back the fussy baby? Is it going to hurt said person’s feelings when I inadvertently and unintentionally imply that they are incompetent at caring for my child? Will I look like “that mother” that fusses over her baby too much and freaks out when they cry if I take him back?

The WORST is when he needs a diaper change and someone offers to do THAT. Are they just offering to be nice? Should I really let them deal with that? What if he pees on them? Does changing my child’s diaper necessitate a thank you note the next day?



It stresses me out just thinking about it.

1 comment:

aggiejos said...

I feel the same way (luckily Alex hasn't showered me in a while)!