I love decorating for the holidays...
So, I thought I would share a few key elements from this year's prettification of our home for Christmas.
One thing that is different every year is my table centerpiece. I change this up throughout the year for the different seasons and holidays. I use the same elements consistently but do different things with them. A creative outlet.
Pretty much my only craft project for the holidays this year was personalizing these chargers for the table settings. I made one for each of us with our names at the bottom and then some generic ones with just 'G' at the top for the other spots at the table.Cheap and easy project that added a lot of whimsey and charm (if I do say so myself).

My other (favorite) creative outlet of the holidays is my wrapping theme. Due to more and more commitments and more and more distractions (ahem, Zachary) I have given up a lot of the crafts I have done for Christmas over the years- card making, hand made ornaments, baking, throwing parties) but not this one. Every year, after Christmas, I plan the following year's theme and try to find a new element to incorporate and play with the following year. Then I buy paper and accoutrements at discounted prices. This years theme was purple and metalic. The element was yarn. I LOVED the yarn- it might come back every year now. It was so soft and cozy yet with a modern feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment