Wednesday, October 31, 2012

{She Said} Thoughts on Thirty

I have been really debating what my bit of wisdom should be concerning my thirtieth birthday. I don’t know. I don’t really feel older nor wiser. Just the same.

With that said… wow. I have a beautiful son. I have a wonderful husband. I live in a lovely house in a lovely town. I love my job. I have fun. I feel strong. I relax (sometimes).

I’m right where I always wanted to be when I turned thirty.

And for all that… I am grateful.

Grateful to the Lord, my family, my friends, my coworkers, my dog, my town.

So, that’s where I am at with thirty. Gratitude.


Birthday party with the fam…
Boo called all around and found a place that would make a DOUGHNUT CAKE!
I got some Toms for my birthday. Zach's a sucker for a good cause... or a good marketing campaign. Whichever.

On a side note: for my birthday, I received thirty notes from thirty significant people in my life. I hear people always talk about being humbled when they have won an award and I have never understood that. You are HUMBLED by people clapping for you? I don’t get it. I can see how really messing up and having to eat crow would humble you but I'm not sure I'm on board with the “ohh people think I am so great- I’m so humble now” thing. Some of these notes were so genuine and thoughtful in how they talked about what I have meant to them or small memories that have really stuck out to that person and they were so humbling in that I don’t know that I have done enough to deserve all of those kind words and thoughts. I am honored to, at thirty years old, have that many people that are all that meaningful in my life. Again… grateful.

No comments: