Nov 9, 2012 7:45 AM
I’m really torn on the issue of turning
Zach’s carseat around. He is starting
to screech more and more and I think the car
trip is a good time to do it but the
“wait until age 2” thing gets me
It’s a really hard decision, I agree. They have made it feel like it’s
convenience vs safety.
Yea, I feel bad for choosing “convenience”
but then I come back to – how many
years has age 1 been just fine?!?!
Right. And is the risk justified-
how often does it happen?
How often does he shriek or how often is
a forward facing child below 2 put in harm’s
way due to that decision?
What’s the likelihood of a major
collision, and is that risk (small rate
of occurring but high consequence)
worth all the shrieking/ your sanity.
Exactly. And I get that they say it is
safter but really how much safer in
that instance.
Ok. I got a lot of reassurance from those moms
from the party as well (who mostly turned their kids
around at 18 months or earlier) so
I think we are going to go ahead.
Cool. Let me know how it goes.
Nov 10, 2012 12:01 PM
Unbelievable! We just got rear-ended.
Side note: we are all fine and it was relatively minor but unbelievable all the same. I still think it was the right decision and he will remain facing forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment