Monday, October 14, 2013

{She Said} Zach's Up Up and Away 2nd Birthday

The theme for Zach's second birthday party was: What's Zach Up TWO?

Zach generally has an appreciation for all things that are UP (including himself when he is jumping and climbing) so we decided to capitalize on that interest.

As always- just in awe of our friends and family that don't just come to celebrate with us but come expecting to pitch in and help prepare for the bash!
Of course the decorations were all things that are UP: balloons, rainbow, airplanes, paper airplanes, clouds, hot air balloons, bubbles...
Aunt Ryleigh made this amazing rainbow balloon arch and then Uncle Jonathan flew a remote control blimp at the party!
The theme for the food was, "Food on Stilts," which featured food on sticks: corn dogs, veggie sticks, fruit kebabs, cheese sticks, pretzel sticks, and tortellini kebabs.
 The cake was a diorama of balloons in a field made of cupcakes as grass and cake pops as balloons.
We had coloring wooden hot air balloons and playing with balloons in the house and a ball pit, slide, bean bag toss, and bubbles in the back yard.



Cake time is always fun...


... and so is present time! I really debated whether to open presents at the party or not. I have been to several now where they didn't and I really like that but I was worried that guests would be offended so I bucked up and did it. I really felt like Zach would get overwhelmed and lose interest a couple presents in but he hung in there and seemed to have fun throughout the process.

 Bottom line- it was a really lovely day. We have such wonderful friends and family to share such fun celebrations with. 

But that's not even the half of it... for the full story you'll have to read the book. No really, I made a book (mainly pictures) all about the party. Watch for it on the best seller list. Because the party was just that good.

No comments: