Friday, November 14, 2014

Fall Festival at Zach's School

We randomly went to the fall festival at Z's school last year and loved it so much that we made it a priority this year. Initially, we thought we were going to have to miss it in lieu of Paw Paw's birthday but then the festival got moved and we got to go. It doesn't disappoint. Z went as Captain Hook. We were sent an e-mail asking that the kids dress up as book  characters and Z has been on a big pirate kick lately so he was happy to oblige.
 
I had actually spent a long time thinking about what Z's costumes would be this year... I'll give you a moment to judge... because as a group with the Semi, we were doing Toy Story this year so we knew Z would be Buzz for that (a phase he has still not out grown). I don't know if you know much about what a Buzz Lightyear costume looks like- it's mostly white. I didn't think this would be a good combination with day care and then he would need to come home and be a messy Buzz. That just wouldn't do. But I wanted him to have a costume that he would be proud of and would like talking about with his friends. Most kids in Z's class are super heros and while Z really likes Batman, I wasn't crazy about him having to manage a mask. I finally came up with pirate and when I asked Z about it, he was really excited. So pirate it was. Until, Z decided that it was actually Captain Hook. Then we added a hook.
Zach was SO excited to see his buddies at the festival and talk to everyone about their costume.
He did a little (A LOT) of cake walk.
A little throwing the spiders at the web.
A lot of smiling.
And then he got a lollipop. Probably his favorite candy but he rarely gets one because he has an unbelievable knack of making a mess with them.
Did a little punch the pumpkin.
You know, of course, kids this age don't really get together outside of school too much and play etc so this was a fun treat for all of them. Z especially gets into it because he is such a social and loving soul that being around his buddies just made his night. Fun Halloween activity indeed.

No comments: