skip to main |
skip to sidebar
{She Said} The Joys of Teaching 7th Grade...
A couple of my lovely dealings for the day:
- I look up to see a student playing with an origami throwing star rather than working on his review.
- I say "What a you doing?"
- He says "Playing with this." indicating his paper toy
- I say "Your right, I asked the wrong question. Why aren't you working on your review?"
- He says "The review is boring."
- I say "I'm bored too- at least I am providing you with something to do so do your review and we will continue this conversation after class when I will get to be amused by assigning you a detention."
- I appreciate that I always get to have the final word with the 7th grader
- A few minutes later, another boy comes up and asks to use the restroom. When told that i needed to see his pass, he grabbed himself, did a dance and told me (in a very lengthy manner, during which I was concerned about an accident) that he would like to give his pass to me when he returned because this was an absolute emergency
- As a rule, and some may consider me a softie for this, I don't question potty emergencies when there is dancing involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment