Saturday, January 30, 2010

{She Said} Parting a Sea of Lashes

I commit the cardinal sin of womanhood- I sleep with my makeup on. I wash my face every night but I don’t go to great lengths to wash my eye-makeup off (i.e. I actually avoid getting water anywhere near it). While, at first, this was a naive over-sight, it has become quite intentional to avoid having to go through the whole make-up shebang every morning. The one problem I consistently struggle with as far as this goes is that my mascara clumps over night and/or if I try to add additional mascara in the morning, either the lashes clump together or the make-up clumps on the lashes. I have had lash combs before but the tines were too close together so the individual lashes didn’t go between them- that didn’t work.

I have now discovered a magic tool for this problem. The other day, I was reorganizing my supply drawer in the bathroom and came across old mascara from Clinique. I had kept it because I really liked the wand but didn’t like the actual mascara. I cleaned off the wand, let it dry and now it is my magical tool. The tines are spread enough to get between and separate lashes. I love it. I hope sharing this story helps someone else but if I am the only one with this problem (and thus the sole heir of the solution) then just know that there is one happy camper getting ready in our bathroom in the morning.
(You can see from the picture that this is a well loved tool though not cleaned before it's beauty shot)

No comments: