skip to main |
skip to sidebar
{She Said} A Little Snow Never Hurt Anyone
Despite the snow, Rachel, Bazooka, Matt and I packed up on Friday to trudge out to the land. While packing up the cars, we fancied ourselves with a little snowball fight. This was more fun than I expected- I'm not usually up for balls of frozen water being hurled at my face but I suppose there is a time and place for everything. Bazooka, throughout his up-bringing in Buffalo, New York, had perfected the skill of making an ideal snowball- this, combined with his ninja agility, made him a fierce competitor.


Becky and Mike drove up to dad's drive at the same time we did (literally- it was pretty amazing) which was a good thing because the RAV is the only vehicle that made it up the drive without assistance (a little bit of an overstatement because the last hill up to the house was a bit of a challenge for it and we did need to push it a bit then). We had to push Rachel’s rental (a prius) and Becky’s car (a prius) along the drive and after considering the struggle we had with the RAV, we chose to leave those at the bottom of the last hill.
The land was really beautiful in the snow.
After a brief time of getting settled in, I decided that we needed to scrap the previously decided on Cici’s Pizza plan for dinner because I didn’t want to be pushing cars up the drive in the snow, in the dark. Rachel, Bazooka, Matt and I went to the local market (in the RAV seeing as how it had fared the best coming in) to get pizza makings and a birthday cake – Becky AND Mike’s birthdays are this week… HOLLA BECKY AND MIKE!
That evening we had a joyful time- Rachel and I made pizza (I love my pizza-making buddy), Becky, Matt, Bazooka, and Mike debated whether it was the woman’s job to do the cleaning in the house, and dad just sat back enjoying having his house full. Rachel and Mike completed a blind water taste test- the tap and Brita-filtered tap won. The pizza was great, the conversation was great… life was great.
This was the first time we all met Jake, Becky’s new puppy. He was super cute but quite a handful. The majority of Becky and Mike’s time this weekend was staying on top of making sure he didn’t do his business (if you know what I mean) in the house, nip at people, or hump Matt’s leg.
Saturday morn, we all got up leisurely (with the exception of Becky and Mike who had to tend to Jake at the wee hours), had some breakfast, and soon settled in to the men playing the Pirates! game and the women playing the New Moon game.
Rachel and Bazooka left soon after lunch and after Matt, Dad, and Mike played a violent video game, the five of us went to see Percy Jackson: The Lightening Theif (which those of us that have read the book were disappointed in but overall a fine entertaining movie). After a little Dickey’s for dinner, we went back to the house so Matt and Mike could watch the Basketball All Stars Challenges. Matt always looks forward to the Slam Dunk Challenge and even I, in my minimal expertise and experience, thought that it was really weak this year. Charles Barkley concurred.
It was a wonderful weekend- one that will be marked in my memory as what I want continued for my family into the future.
(Jake attacking my face)
2 comments:
that looked like a fun time. Crackin me up with all your snow driving skillz.
Wow, our pizzas look amazing! The water taste-test photo is creepy - with the round table, red cloth, and dark background, plus hoods over our eyes, we look like we are doing some weird water initiation.
Post a Comment