Rachel, Bazooka, and Matt spent much of the day inside (save for venturing to the law school only to find out classes were canceled, and a trip to Target). Here was what Matt and Bazooka did from noon until I got home at approximately 3:00 P.M.
Rachel played around on the computer. While they tried to convince her to play the Pirate game with them, her response was similar to mine when I got home and they turned their attentions to me- “No thank you, I really think my life is complete without it.”
So, I specifically texted these busy folks around lunch time to tell them to figure out a plan for dinner so that we would have what we needed in the event that we couldn’t get out later due to the continuous snow fall. I got home to no decision or even concept of how we were going to feed ourselves. I was pretty irritated. We walked through the decision making process and people were pretty patient with my frustrated state. We ordered Chinese and let someone else brave the elements to feed us.
Matt built a fire and we started the John Adams mini-series. I also taught Bazooka to two-step when we discovered our shared love for the Careless Whispers song by Seether.
It was a lovely evening but the best part was watching Capri try to go to the bathroom in the snow. At one point, late in the evening, I took her out and threw her into the snow. I didn’t realize how deep the snow had gotten- about Capri deep evidently. She was close to completely covered in snow. So I kept throwing her in and watching her trudge out of the snow because it was hilarious. I must also have a propensity for stealing candy from babies.

No comments:
Post a Comment