As Matt and I were going into the video store yesterday, I was walking him through the schedule for today (again).
Said to Matt: “You have class from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. During that I will dust, fold laundry, and clean bathrooms, then I will run some errands. I have a party at 4:00 in Denton so I will need to leave for that at 3:30. I may or may not see you shortly when you get home for class. Before game night, you will need to clean up the kitchen, put the lasagna in the oven, and vacuum. I will leave my party by 6:00 at the latest and our game night starts at 6:30. I may be a little late.”
His response: “Ok, what is your cover story going to be if you’re late?”
My answer: “That I was at another party.”
Long pause where we just look at each other.
I will always err on the side of looking popular. The opportunity comes so infrequently.
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment