Sunday, March 21, 2010

{She Said} Spring Break 2010 Series: A Familial Conclusion

The trip was rounded out by a few stops to visit with Missouri family. I was very excited about this because I love family. I am a person that wishes Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and the like lived around the corner but in the absence of that possibility, I will take a few days/ hours here and there.

When I was younger, we visited the Missouri family 2-3 times a year- now we are lucky to see a fraction of them once a year (and by fraction, I don’t mean an arm or head, I mean maybe 4 out of the 13 relatives).

I love them all- they give me warm fuzzies. Each one of them is different and special and I like sitting and just talking to them for hours. I probably get along with them so well because I do see them so infrequently but when we do get to visit, it is always so fun. This time was no different.

Miss you guys already- come see us real soon!

Shout outs to my Missouri family bloggers...
Katie- http://schultzpartyoffour.blogspot.com/ ; Thanks for being sappy. Your geniune depiction of life helps me stay linked (as much as possible). You inspire me.
Sue- http://mycanvasisgreen.blogspot.com/ ; What a fun way to get ideas for when (here's hoping) I get to be where you are. I will aim to have half your awesomeness.
Jami- because I know you will get back to it... I believe in you! I miss the good times from when we were wee!
Aunt Caryl- for your loyal readership and appreciation for my humor. Love you Aunt Caryl.

2 comments:

Caryl said...

So GLAD you made Missouri your Spring Break destination of choice! It was great seeing both of you again. Hopefully we will be making it back down to Texas soon for a visit! Love you too Jen. (and Matt) :)

Anonymous said...

I think we would be tight if you lived down the street. So great to visit for a couple hours. I got a new sense of kinship. Thanks for visit!!!