Monday, April 12, 2010

{She Said} Had a Ball

This weekend, Matt and I experienced an amazing culmination to this journey we have called Law School: Barristers’ Ball. Especially poignant because Matt was one of a handful out of his class selected to be inducted into the Order of the Barristers and was honored at the ball. What an amazing job Matt has done finding his passion in law and pursuing it.

We started out mingling and experiencing the photo booth. I finally got to meet some of Matt’s cohorts that I hear about all the time. As usual these days, I almost passed out in the lobby- I don’t know what is wrong with me… need to be better about limiting the distance between meals. Made it to the table rather than hitting the floor- whew.

One of our friends coordinated a bunch to get tickets at the same time so we could all be at the same table (holla Katelin) so we got some quality time in with some of our favorite law school friends. We ate food that we all made fun of. Matt bussed the table a few times. I made tacky comments about how some of the people at the ball were dressed. Generally it was a roaring good time.
I was a proud wife when he went up to accept his medal. First I went up to the front table and stole someone’s seat to wait to take pictures. Turns out I sat down at the faculty table in the dean of the law school’s seat. Good Jen. Then when Matt came up I stood up, blocking many peoples’ views in order take pictures of the moment. When a big (I mean big) guy decided he needed to capture the moment in front of me, I dodged around like goofball. But I got my pictures.
Then we moved into the dancing portion of the evening. Matt was pretty square during this segment, as usual, but I shuffled, bumped, and swayed with buddies. Finally we all decided we had had enough and after we avoided some choice individuals on the way out, we went for pancakes. Matt had an omelet. He never behaves as he is supposed to.
 (more pics on our dotphoto website- link to the right)

2 comments:

Katelin said...

That's it. I'm sending Jacob to picture taking school. Although I must say, the camera definitely captures us as a couple...always goofing off! Thanks for uploading them! I'll be uploading my new profile picture, and as promised I wont cut you out!

Becky said...

I bet you were just a wonderful blue present for the Dean of the Law School!