Saturday, May 29, 2010

[He Said] It's Not Babies and Canaries

Okay... so one of Jen's posts from the other day was not too subtle ("still waiting"), so even I understood.  I have been falling down on the job, utterly failing, to contribute to our blogging venture.  My words have too rarely been seen on Gilpinology.  I have indeed been busy; but alas, no excuses!


From what I have seen, people blog about all sorts of things these days.  Quite often topics center around big life events.  I like it.  It's nice to hear about what's going on in people's lives.  For instance, pregnant women seem to write a lot about being pregnant and babies.  New pet owners write about their dogs and canaries.  Family events... New jobs... etc.  Jen often has a charming story about dealings in the everyday life of a seventh grader.  Well for me, my life right now is largely consumed with getting ready for the Bar exam!  That's generally not very fun, but sometimes I run across some good tidbits!!


The other day was all about criminal law. **Discontinue reading if you have a heightened sensitivity to tragic hypotheticals**  I'll just say this...  If you go to your favorite city park, where you know kids often play, to simply practice shooting targets with your trusty shotgun, and a shot causes ricochet that inadvertently takes the life of a child- you are most likely going to be guilty of murder.  That's right, murder; even though you did not intend to kill exactly, you were firing a shotgun- where kids play!! ... what did you expect... Seriously, sometimes I wonder why I even went to law school!  Some things you just don't need a doctorate degree to figure.

1 comment:

Avid Readers said...

Well that is the easy side.....now argue the other side.....why it is OK. That's what you need the doctorate for!!