I tried to let Matt sleep in (you know how hard that is for me) but around 8:30, due to allergies, my eyes were all but swollen shut, burning, and leaking so I did what I used to do to my mom when I was sick and frustrated… I sat on our bedroom floor and cried to Matt. Needless to say, he hopped right up and took me to CVS for some drops. Then we got some coffee shop goods and had some breakfast on our terrace (yes, that’s what we call it now that it is all spiffy) with the Rachel.
Jonathan arrived first. Then Becky and Mike. Then Dad and Nancy. We had a lovely little lunch as the heavens opened up and rained down outside. After gathering Matt’s hoard of chords for his regalia, and the power going out, we schlepped out to get to the ceremony as a car pool. Again, it was pouring and we lost 2/3 of the car pool and this freaked me out…big time. We finally all arrived, met up with Matt’s parents and were settled in to catch a little pomp and circumstance.
The ceremony was lovely. That song started playing which always gets me a little teary. Anyway, I don’t feel that I need to go into how important this was in general but this whole thing was also a powerful moment in Matt’s and my marriage as we have been working toward it since before the wedding and here it was. We saw all of our law school buddies. An excessive number of pictures with every combination of those law school buddies imaginable were taken. It was fun. I love pictures. Good that I came along in the digital age.
(you may notice that all of Matt's friends are ladies... typical)
Then our little group of loved ones went to dine on some Mexican food. Justin, Heather, and Anna met up with us for this part.We had a really nice time. Thank goodness for eye drops, flashlights, mini cupcakes, GPS, umbrellas, the graduation song, digital cameras, big SD cards, fajitas, and Matt’s big big brains that made it all possible.
1 comment:
yay! graduation pictures!! i'm so glad we ran into each other AND that you and jacob snuck up front for pictures :)
unfortunately that means i haven't seen you since then. and that makes me :(
we leave too soon..super soon...soon enough that I need to see your bright shining face SOON.
k. wanna do dinner soon?
this comment was brought to you by the word: soon
Post a Comment