Friday, May 7, 2010

{She Said} Some Anniversary Action

We’ve had some things going on…

First- OUR ANNIVERSARY...Our marriage was 4 years old on April 29th. To celebrate, the weekend before, we went to Six Flags. It was pretty different for us because, in the past, we have gone more traditional to celebrate- nice dinner, etc but this year we opted for more flags, thus more fun.
(sadly, they are taking apart the Texas Giant... we got an upclose view of this when we enthusiastically rode the train around the park)
The big news for the anniversary was that I gave Matt a trip to Vegas as a combo anniversary/ graduation present. It was a surprise and he hadn't caught on, so that was fun. Four years is the fruit and flower anniversary, so I taped the tickets into a children’s book about eating the alphabet: fruit and veggies and then wrapped that in floral wrapping paper.
He thought it was very clever until he realized the treasure that was inside- then he thought it was amazing.
Actually, after he got over the initial shock, he was kind of ticked because I had been telling him we needed to take it easy for this anniversary (because I had decided to go nuts and didn’t want him deciding the same and us going bankrupt). Now he felt his gifts would pale in comparison… well, in all honesty, it’s hard not to pale in comparison to Vegas so I can see where he was coming from. Good thing we aren't materialistic people who rely on gifts to know how important we are to one another… most of the time.

We also redid our porch for our anniversary (figured outside… flowers… it worked in our heads). So we bought a bunch of furniture that we had to put together, thus giving ourselves the gift of bonding time over projects for our anniversary as well. I give you, our new patio…
New table and chairs, swing, trestle (can't be seen in insufficient photos above), some cushions, and new hanging plants (i.e. not dead ones- yes I’m awesome).

Four years- it’s a big one!

Coming soon… The Austin Trip.

No comments: