Stay focused, scan the room… (singing a song from Wicked the Musical)… scan the room… is that kid cheating… no but if I had to choose one, he/she would be it… I should move where I am sitting… I like this place better… I’m surprised I’m not hungry… stay focused… (more singing)… wish I could get a different song stuck in my head… ok, three hours and twenty minutes left… go stand at the back of the room… glad I wore tennis shoes… (singing)… ok I am going to focus on getting a different song stuck in my head I mean on the kids… check answer document… maybe there is something in my testing materials I can organize… no, already did that… walk up and down isles… (singing)… if that kid asks for the pencil sharpener again, I am going to tell them mechanical is required next time we have the unfortunate experience of testing together… glad I wore tennis shoes… focus… was that a cat in the courtyard… no, trash… I wish it had been a cat so I would have something to amuse me… stay focused scan the room… sit in a new corner…three hours and eighteen minutes left… never before has doing nothing been such a beating… (singing same song despite efforts to change the tune)… that sniffy kid needs a Kleenex… are you kidding me, you don’t need a Kleenex… yea, that’s what I thought, take the Kleenex… scan the room… no cheating, check… I’m glad I ate breakfast… stay focused… three hours and fifteen minutes left… (singing)… ahh why can’t I get this song out of my head… I wish I could TAKE this test… I would be beast at this test now… ha ha I just used the word “beast”… scan the room…well, this is fun…
Rinse and repeat as needed.
*TAKS is the state standardized test in Texas. I administer three TAKS tests and one benchmark a year- on those days, testing lasts for three hours and thirty minutes. During that time I am required to “actively monitor” my classroom to assure that the test is taken correctly and the validity of the test is not compromised. I watch the students take the test. It’s amazingly thought provoking (see above).
2 days ago
1 comment:
Post a Comment