Tuesday, June 8, 2010

{She Said} Take Me Out...

A couple weeks ago we got together with a group of dear friends for an American summer tradition: baseball. Rangers v. Cubs.
The only real thing of note is that Krista, Matt and I went to get food during the 4th inning and didn’t get back to our seats until the 7th inning stretch. The concession workers were NOT worried about the money we spent on our wasted seats while we stood in the over-priced concession line. What’s more, we were there so long that people were coming down to get in line, only to see their long lost friends still standing in line and so the newbies would cut in line to stand with their friend. A social statement: if you want to do that, I can accept it a lot more readily if you all order and pay together. Normally cutting-in-line doesn’t bother me so much because it is what it is and I’ve done it before so I get it but I DON’T accept it when average wait time per person in line is approximately 10 minutes and I am already 6 people back. In those cases, I call cutters bad names in my mind, under-my-breath and if they act arrogant after cutting, passive aggressively in their general direction.

No comments: