Thursday, July 1, 2010

[He Said] Arguably Correct

Here I am... I, uh, forgot the blog password...  
So, what have I done recently?  Hold on to your seats:

I took a practice MBE on Saturday, which is the multiple choice section of the bar exam. It constitutes one of the three testing days (really 2 and a half) and includes 200 multiple choice questions.

It was fairly rough. I didn't quite finish all of the questions in either the morning or the afternoon session, and the whole thing felt questionable at best. I did, however, end up doing fine. I think.

On Sunday and Monday, we thoroughly reviewed the entire exam. The lecturer started by telling us that the practice test was harder than what we would actually see on the Bar...  Wonderful, thanks... I was hoping to get an accurate portrayal of the test and my current performance level (not to mention I almost hit my head against the wall to numb the pain). Then he continued by saying that many of the questions had two answers that were arguably right, insofar as one answer was 95% correct versus the better pick. They were designed to dive into the minutia of some finer points in the law.  I respect that!  Totally, sure, absolutely, that's the name of the game.  I'm good for it...  But he added that they probably won't draw the lines the same way on the actual bar.  I guess I will have to seek other resources to get a proper idea of what exactly to expect.  Who knows, maybe this practice test was spot on and the guy was just trying to make us feel better.  It was certainly good practice and enlightening.  Either way, fear not, there are plenty of resources available.

The speaker did tell us that if we focus throughout the lecture with him, statistics show that students improve their score, by 15 points on average, just by sitting through his extremely detailed explanations.  Sounds good to me.  Sweet.  15 points, Cha Ching!


Sorry my day-to-day is not too exciting right now, but I did choose the most interesting thing I've done in a while!  (pity is accepted)

1 comment:

Avid Readers said...

yea 15 points.....now how many is it you need to pass???!!!!!!

Hang in there, you are almost there and all this will be worth it. Really it will!!!