Why Oh Why have my posts been so boring? Probably because my life is so boring right now. I mean, don’t get me wrong, beautifully boring but boring none the less.
So, since I don’t have much to talk about by the way of actual happenings, here are some things I have been thinking about…
Exercise. I hate it. I don’t like how it makes me feel. I like being healthy so I do it but that DOESN’T mean I have to like it. And honestly I don’t like pretending I like it to look like a better person, because you know when you say you hate to exercise people judge you. If you are chunky they think, “yea, I can tell.” And if you are skinny and say you hate exercise they either think you are lying or they call you expletives in their head and judge you for being full of yourself. SO this leads a lot of people to lie about liking to exercise. I’m over it. I will tell you that I do somewhat enjoy Pilates when I have time to do it… I love not sweating when I exercise. It’s the best.
Matt’s to-do list. It’s long when he returns and he knows it. He has been out of commission for two months solid now. The one time he surfaced to try to get something done, he just made more work for himself. Here’s the story. About 3 months ago I went to open the blinds because I was having some ladies over for a luncheon. Oh- I got the blinds open- the whole friggin’ thing fell down on my head. In this, Blinds Blunder 2010, many of the slats broke off so we had to order (of course it isn’t a common size, brand, or color) new blinds. We went for about 2 weeks with no blinds on our front window. When they came, Matt took time out of his busy schedule to snap them up. So many problems ensued. Despite fighting the good fight, they didn’t fit into the old fixtures so Matt had to dismantle the old fixtures and remount new ones. THEN he couldn’t get the blinds to snap in to the new mounts. FINALLY Matt figured out that he had mounted the fixtures backwards. We have been living with the blinds on backwards for two months. Like, you can see the pull string and valence stick from the outside of the house. It’s special. So long story just to tell you that remounting the blinds is high on that to-do list. And I would venture to say the project he is most looking forward to (that sure was sarcastic, thanks for noticing).
Correspondence. I’m the worst. This and Facebook is as good as it gets in terms of me keeping up with people consistently. Since that’s the case, bear with a couple shout outs I need to take care of…
Cousin Jami- I love the note and picture you sent me. You are the best and we miss you too and it is definitely your turn to do the visiting. You just name the dates and we will come up with some things to entertain you by. Consider coming for the State Fair in September. Also, how great are you for sending the silicone baking mat after I blogged about The Cookie Monster doing some cement cookie baking.
Cousin Katie- you and the fam consider coming down with Cousin Jami. Hope your sister is hanging in there.
Cousin Sue- you people come too. You will be doing the devotionals while you are here because it sounds like you are really good at it.
Aunt Caryl- you know the drill by now. Coordinate with the others. Thanks for all the encouragement!
BFF Rachel- how is the Japanese house? Yea yea, pictures, I know. I’ve lost my spark.
Buddy Kaitlin- I hope you know that I miss your face. I am thinking about you and that belly during the bar.
Janana- Thinking about you during the bar too… don’t go crazy! As I wrote about the blinds, I thought about our times at band camp and I giggle. For the rest of you, yep went to band camp… what dorky thing did you do growing up (for most of you, I already know what it was)?
Sister Boo- just included you because I knew you would be offended if I didn’t. I talk to you all the time so I’ve got nothing.
Bar Update: Went to see The Birthday Man on the Bar last night. A buddy of his had sent him some cake- thanks buddy Carla! He is in good spirits and told me all about the process etc. We can only hope that he remains in this good place for the duration of the test. Tonight I am going out to order room service and watch Big Brother with him. Oh Yea- high class.
1 week ago
2 comments:
Thank you for including me. I would have been offended if you hadn't. You know me too well Jenny too!
Also... Cousin Jami and the gang, if you would like some variety you could visit me in Houston instead and we will make Jenny come to us :)
Post a Comment