We’re back to relatively normal. Glad to have my partner-in-crime back. You KNOW he’s glad. He has hinted at some possible blogging but we shall see- he has a lot of resting and vegging to catch up on.
Can't tell you how relieved I am to not have to be so positive all the time. I am no Suzy Sunshine and really struggled with having to fake that at times. Not that I wasn’t confident in Matt’s ability, I just usually focus on the logical. For example, I would think things like, “You’re right, you might fail but sitting here wining about it isn’t helping your plight at all.” Not that I would think he was likely to fail but in reality when you try at something there is a usually a chance of failure. It’s just the reality of the situation. What would actually come out of my mouth was, “you will be just fine as long as you give it your all, just keep at it.” I got better as time went on but it was pretty exhausting.
Matt was actually a great champ through it all. He stayed pretty positive throughout studying and testing with only a few moments of needing encouragement. I expected the need for a lot more pep talks. One thing I didn’t expect was Matt not knowing what he wanted/ needed much of the time. I had to guess what he wanted to eat, when he wanted to eat, if he needed to go to bed or take a nap, what type of space he wanted to work in (which changed day-to-day), etc. That got better as we went along as well and as I explained before, I just got bossier. Good thing I just happen to be good at telling people what to do.
As a final note, I need to give a couple updates to past blogs. Matt was not able to use his preferred headphones in the bar so he struggled through with the ones that fell out. I guess he just champed through that- not much complaining there. Also, Matt did finally get his hairs cut today and he didn’t, in fact, lose any of his law knowledge. Hind sight is 20-20.
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment