Wednesday, September 8, 2010

{She Said} And Scene!

On Friday, I presented my classes with a map project that would be due the following Thursday and told them that they had the class period that day to work on the project. I thoroughly described the project, gave examples, answered questions, etc. I also gave them a handout that thoroughly described the project, gave a rubric, and included the due date bigger and bolder than the other text. Those of you that know me, know how thorough this sheet was.

Approximately half way through the class, a student that could very easily be described as the class clown, came up to me and in a hushed voice asked when the project was due. I looked at him for a minute as if to say to him, “are you kidding me?” And then answered the question.

Not an interesting story until I tell you that in that moment of my hesitation, he looked at me and in a very pointed tone, said to me “Now, don’t make a scene.”

I imagine you can finish that story for yourself.

No comments: