Saturday, November 27, 2010

{She Said} Another Turkey's Day Has Come and Gone

2010 Thanksgiving centerpiece.

Sister Boo came in a couple weeks before Thanksgiving so we didn’t really have a Purdy Thanksgiving, more of just a seasonal gathering when she came in. I met her new puppy whom I (against Becky’s wishes) called Chloe the whole time she was here. The name stuck and so now Chloe it is.

We then celebrated with the Gilpin clan the next weekend.

Being that I had the week off for Fall break and Matt was sworn in (he swears he will be blogging about it soon… mmm hmm) on Monday, we stayed over into the week and then left Monday night.

For actual Thanksgiving, Matt and I were on our own and two happy campers. Being over the typical Thanksgiving faire and with the onslaught of wintery weather that day, we made turkey chili for our big meal of the day and began decorating for Christmas. This year, the Christmas lights were a particular pickle. First, a strand on our trusty, 5 year old, prelit tree was acting wonky, then a couple strands of the color lights that we add to the tree weren't lighting up quite right. Normal people would go buy a new strand of lights... I am very particular about the coloring of the lights I use on my tree (I don't like the color hues of the LEDs) and I want them to dance. So lights were fun for Matt this year :) You're welcome, Matt.


Later, we drove out to dad’s for some dessert. It was low key and lovely.

1 comment:

Higginski said...

Yea sounds like a nice day! Your bump is awesome. That dog is adorable.