Thursday, December 2, 2010

[He Said] I'm ready to go

It's been about ten days since I was sworn into the legal community by the Texas Supreme Court and Court of Criminal Appeals.  As reality continues to set in--that I am in fact an attorney--I thought I would drop a comment on the blog about the event.


The convening of the two high Courts took place in a big auditorium... on account of the hundreds in attendance.  The presentation was not terribly exciting, but it was good and meaningful.  It was an  honor to be there.  I wasn't required to go (I could have sought anybody with legal authority to admininster the oath, like a judge), but I'm glad I attended the gathering in Austin.  It was good to be introduced to the honorable Justices and welcomed by respected members of the legal profession.

Administered by Chief Justice Wallace B. Jefferson


It was also good to see and stand with my friends from law school.  We started the journey together.  Thanks to all my family and friends for your support and encouragement in getting to this point.  I'm ready to go!

1 comment:

Higginski said...

Yea, Matt! That declaration is intense - you have to demean yourself! Seriously though, I am so proud!