![]() |
| Baby, 20 Weeks: head to the left with arm by face, body moving diagonally down to the right. |
I am not ravenously hungry like pregnancy is depicted on TV and movies. Maybe that is yet to come but in reality, my appetite has not changed much- I do have random spontaneous cravings but they are mild. I am having trouble with the eating several small meals rather than three big meals concept. I have never really been a snacker and can have some trouble remembering to eat if I get busy anyway. I would say my eating habits could use a bit of a more pregnancy friendly update but one step at a time. I am doing my best people!
I feel the baby pretty regularly now. That is a recent development and being the paranoid pregnant that I am, that was starting to concern me but it all started last Friday while I was watching Elf with my students. The event confirmed a concern I had been carrying around for a few weeks- that I had been feeling the baby for awhile but I just thought it was either gas or muscle spasms.
Current symptomatology:
- General goofiness. As you can tell from Matt’s new blog series, I do and say the darndest things. Matt and I will both get rolling in laugter about 5 minutes after I have had a “pregnant moment.”
- Emotional rollercoaster. I laugh more but I also cry more. Now the good thing, thus far is that they aren’t spontaneous changes- generally my moodiness is more pronounced. It’s not a hairline trigger but once the mood has been set it is hard to change its course.
- Heartburn. What the crap! I have never experienced this before. Thank goodness that soon after the onset of this symptom I was with my good (already been pregnant) buddies, Carol and Kim, so they could point out what this burning sensation was. It’s weird and I still don’t really have a beat on it other than it generally being unpleasant.
- Weariness. I don’t go to bed quite as early but definitely get worn out easier.
IT’S A BOY
Yes, we are carrying on the Gilpin boy tradition (for those of you that aren’t privy, Matt is one of three boys that come from a long line of boys). I had felt like it was a boy from early on (along with my Mom, sister, best friend, etc) but we had CLEAR confirmation from the sonogram. Later, after learning of the boy status, Matt looked at me and said, “there’s a piece of me that is disappointed that it isn’t a girl but I know I would have felt the same if the opposite had been the news and I would have had a small sense of disappointment about it not being a boy.” It was cute- he is going to be a great dad to this boy and then to any girls and/or boys that follow!
We are both very excited about our son and now we are half way toward introducing him to the world and all you crazy characters!

1 comment:
Boys are THE BEST. Seriously. Your heart will grow two times everyday...So exciting!!!
Post a Comment