- We went to the mall last weekend and I was walking around with some pretty awesome ligament pain (pains in your lower abdomen related to the stretching and widening of the ligaments in and around your hips preparing for, you know, something the size of a watermelon fitting through an opening the size of…). That was definitely not pleasant and I couldn’t decide if I needed to sit or walk more or what.
- Bathroom breaks are becoming even more of a surprise emergency. Usually what happens is that I have been sitting and go to stand up and all of the sudden the need to go hits me and not only do I need to go, it is painful to get to facilities. Again, whenever I need to go to the bathroom, no matter how little time I have been aware of this need it is as if I have been holding it for 3 hours.
- Warning, this might be too much for you… Definitely walked outside on the way to work the other morning, turned around and told Matt that I thought I had just peed a little (because I had- we’re talking drops people). The sad fact is that we did nothing about this because it was inevitably going to happen again.
- Heartburn: while it still comes and goes, when it comes it is getting much more intensely uncomfortable.
- Sleep has gotten increasingly difficult. This is somewhat intensified by the fact that I have to get up to go to the bathroom ATLEAST 3 times a night (up to 7 times the other night). It is also just becoming more uncomfortable in general finding a good position where I can breath and I don’t feel some awkward pressure somewhere.
- Braxton Hicks. Those are pretty awesome. Not horrible or anything but they range in intensity and at their peak, it makes it difficult to breath for a bit.
- I am so obviously pregnant that people talk to me about it and tell me how cute I am.
- I generally feel good and am pretty pleased with how my body has responded to being pregnant thus far. I don’t feel huge or under some new massive weight. I just don’t fit places that I used to.
- To me and the man, I have a cute pregnant belly. I don’t mean to brag and I know this is making me glutton for punishment but I still don’t have the stretch marks, dark line, unsightly hair, etc. It is just cute and round and my innie is still and innie. I will get around to letting you witness this for yourself.
- I feel more movements now rather than punches or kicks- especially really high in my ribs or really low in my pelvis (hence the peeing a little bit). It makes it a bit more real to just feel him rustling around in there. He responds to music and when I eat. If I am doing something really boring, he gets restless for a bit and eventually just goes to sleep. He’s a good boy.
- My skin, hair, and nails are all nice at this point. Honestly, my fine hair is always going to be fine hair and not much has really been changing with that but it does seem to be packing a little extra punch these days. I will probably look back on these as my hair’s glory days.
Matt is being a very good coach by continuously reminding me to eat at least two eggs a day, drink a quart of milk, and do my (prepare yourself) kegel exercises.
All-in-all, you can call us two happy campers. Zach and I are ready to take on our last 10 weeks together like champs!
1 comment:
Yea! I love the Gilpins, all three of you!
Post a Comment