Now that I feel like I have really spread the knowledge… this last month is going to be a doozie, I can feel it…
The swelling is awesome. I now can only wear flip flops and tennis shoes without looking like my feet are going to bulge out and possibly rip the shoe in half (somewhat like when Dr. Bruce Banner turns into the Hulk). I also have creases in my ankle now- never knew what I was missing before.
Stretch marks have arrived. I just have a couple on the underside of my belly but there they are- I have reached maximum capacity and this little angel is still undergoing operation: grow.
Joints are sore. This is evidently an effect of the hormones loosening ligaments so that when the time comes I can stretch to let this child free.
Breathing is easier while bathroom breaks are more frequent. The fetus is “lightening”- moving down toward a birth position so while he is moving away and allowing my lungs more room, he is applying some extra special pressure to my bladder.
Contractions. Ohh the contractions. I have actually been experiencing Braxton Hicks (minor prep contractions) for the past couple months but the other night, while Matt and I were sitting in bed working on the daily crossword, I started to get some good times going in my lower abdomen and the child was moving around like crazy. I changed positions and it got better but if that is a glimpse into my future, sarcastically it’s going to awesome.
Weight is going up and up and up- it makes me feel really good about myself.
All that being said, I am actually still feeling pretty good. I am getting around just fine despite the inevitable waddle moments. I am generally comfortable and content. I am having more mood swings (yay for the man) and I am nesting by wanting the house completely clean and all repairs we could have ever dreamt of seen to.
We have been attending our labor class once a week since January and have seen a good number of birthing videos- that’s gross. At one point I actually looked at Matt and told him that I didn’t want to do it. Evidently it’s too late for that. We are also signing up for and attending some extra classes: dad’s class, breast feeding, and general child care. Matt attended the dad’s class on Monday and found that it brought up some good points for pondering but it wasn’t earth shattering or anything- when they say to never shake a baby, they mean that… not even a jostle.
Car seat got installed and inspected last weekend. That process is made out by others to be WAY more complicated than it actually is. Maybe it’s just because Matt’s installation abilities are far superior to the common parent-to-be but I am pretty sure we kept trying to make it more complicated than it was. It passed inspection and from how long the lady talked to us about it I think Matt and I now classify as car seat experts.
Matt is actually getting super excited and regularly tells me he just wishes Zach would come on already. I am a little more apprehensive but my sub plans are ready and we have most of what we need so I wouldn’t have too much anxiety at this point about meeting the little guy. We do need to pack for the hospital. Note to self: pack bathrobe so hiney is not hanging out the back of the hospital gown.
1 comment:
I can't believe you are watching birth videos - divert your eyes from that seriously unnecessary footage! ;-)
You are going to do great! Sounds like you're ready!!! So exciting!!!
Post a Comment