I've decided that I need to memorialize some of the good talks Zach and I have since his long term memory, at this point, is somewhat lacking...
Zachary, I need you to understand and appreciate some of the big ways you have changed me so that when the day comes that you question my love and/or dedication you can have some solace in the fact that there was atleast one point that I was all in.
You pooped on my bed. Let that image sink in a little bit and then know that it didn't really bother me- just had to do some unplanned laundry. Used to, I would need to get a whole new set of sheets, maybe a new bed depending on the size of the accident and disgustingness of the child... You are precious with precious pooping (yes, I'm just saying that about your poop to encourage a good self esteem).
You spit up on me to such an extent that it ran down my shirt and pooled in the bottom of my bra. Before you, I wouldn't come with in 10 feet of any baby with any liklihood of spitting up. I don't do spit up. That being said, I just put you on the other shoulder until dad could get you so I could go clean up (which I might add didn't involve showering or even changing any clothes). Infact it is relatively regularly that I have spit up in my hair.
I pick your boogers for you. I think enough said. This one still bothers me but I do it. You're welcome.
I now go to bed later, get up in the middle of the night, and get up in the morning on your schedule. Sleep is of the utmost importance to me, son. I don't joke about sleep. I don't like getting up late and these days find me getting up at 10 and 11 A.M. which, as far as I'm concerned, is a huge waste of a day. But my life is about you right now blah blah blah...
So, you see, if nothing else I really love you right now. I will really love you for always but when you find yourself in your confused angst-filled teen years at least YOU KNOW I really love you now... Remember the poop.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment