Tuesday, July 26, 2011

[He Said] So ridiculous!

Omg.... my wife is being so ridiculous.  I can't believe her last post, and I can't help but be a bit offended.  The situations that she is talking about happen very infrequently and nothing like she describes.  I have to respond!

Okay, so when she says I make looks at "small children"- it's really probably closer to "grown men with a thug-like exterior that are brandishing a weapon."

Also, when she says I make "intense" or "I'm going to punch you" glares- that really means I might briefly glance in their direction a second time.  If it's really bad--like the person is leaning toward my child as if to kidnap him--I might have an annoyed look on my face.  Even then, Jen is SO sensitive to it that she is probably the only one to notice.  The other person (the sludge covered drugged-out old creepy guy with blood on his face) doesn't even notice.  He just thinks to himself, "hey, there is a normal guy with a normal look on his face...... hmmm, I think I want to take his kid or wife."

The bottom line is that, occasionally when somebody looks shady, that person catches my eye.  Therefore, I try to stay alert and keep an eye on him.  More often, it is probably just a klutzy looking person that I am just worried is going to trip over my wife.  The real issue is that Jen is sooo terrified that somebody else--a stranger--is going to think that we are possibly annoyed with him for something.  It WOULD be so embarrassing if somebody else possibly thought that we were attuned to their creepiness!  Heaven forbid.

2 comments:

Higginski said...

Haha I love it when you guys have blog wars! Also "the sludge covered drugged-out old creepy guy with blood on his face" = blog gold.

0812 Lane said...

this is incredible! we had a simiar experience @ target just this week when an old, toothless, creeper came up and started a friendly chat about bella. then proceeded to inquire about ava. before I knew it, sam was 6" behind me encouraging us to leave, then said he thought he was about to have to knock somebody out. matt, way to be a protective husband :) and jen, it's okay. it's much better this way than not.