When out in public, Matt doesn't like any strangers to talk to, approach, look at, breath the same air as the baby and I. When said actions occur, he looks at them really intensely and with a "I might punch you" look on his face says something seemingly nice to them but with the most intense "I might punch you" tone. This embarrasses me almost every time... Especially when it is toward small children.
When I get on to him about, in my opinion, looking like a jerk, the man responds as if he hasn't done anything. So either (in Matt's opinion) I am hypersensitive or he (in my opinion) isn't very self-aware. The world may never know because I'm pretty sure we would fight to the death over this one... I'm not afraid of Matt punching me so neither the face, nor the tone work on me.
When asked who qualifies for this special treatment from the man, he says anyone that appears not to belong there- evidently a "one of these things is not like the others" type of situation. So experience with these happenings tells me that evidently people such as small children and the elderly don't belong in places like McDonalds or Target. And if they do choose to attend those places at the same time we do they need to keep a 10 foot distance from the baby and I, avoid looking in the least bit shady, and wear a sign that they've washed their hands in the last 24 hours. And forget about it if they have any kind of cough or sneeze whether in our general direction or not.
Come to think of it, he gets tense when people walk past our car too. All three of us are very proactively protected.
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment