Due to a few different groups I belong too and, let's face it, something being in the water, I have quite a few new mommy friends and it seems like they are all going above and beyond in their new role. Whether it be already training for a 5K, thoroughly investing in breastfeeding for the full recommended year, working full time and still cooking gourmet meals, dealing with major emotional trauma without needing to be committed, sewing or crafting all the baby care items they need... The list goes on and on.
And what am I doing- nothing. I complain regularly about breast feeding (or pumping if that's what I'm doing at the time), Matt and I still eat more take out than the people that invented take out, rather than selflessly enduring I require Matt to take over with the baby when I haven't otherwise had any downtime, my dog isn't getting all the attention she used to, and my house isn't even immaculate. Again with the never ending list, and NOT in a good way.
Even with that, I've decided to be all new age, have it all, and go back to work for another year. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll become even less impressive. Maybe I'll go crazy(er). Good thing Zach is so easily amazed right now.
1 week ago
1 comment:
I would be happy with whatever you decide to do with your time, as long as you're happy - but I do like the idea of you heading back to make sure another class of students has found their best teacher ever.
Post a Comment