Matt and I have kept up with (some of) the couples from our birthing class (the others are apparently too busy for us and I do hope they are reading this)- we get lunch about once a month and it's always fun catching up on new baby drama.
This last time Shannon picked the place. I specify her because I want her to get all the glory. I believe she also picked where we sat. Good job, good buddy Shannon!
We sat across from a blonde gentleman who had a loose resemblance to Kiefer Sutherland in Lost Boys (earrings, tattoos, dark eye make up, leather vest with studs, etc) who in the middle of the meal decided to go out to the parking lot and smash a glass bottle into the ground- an activity that took him no less than three attempts prior to success. With him was a tall gangly character with hair similar to Carrot Top's but black instead of that amazing orange. He was wearing a baseball shirt, skinny shorts to his knees, knee high socks, and tennis shoes. He chose to pull a chair up to the small two person table across from us to the point that one of the ladies in our group couldn't sit in her seat anymore due to lack of space. I'm glad we could accommodate him. Finally, that brings us to my new best friend (BFF if your down with the lingo)- he was rocking some shaggy bright neon pink hair and a leopard print and Jean vest with studs over a shirt that had what resembled the MASH logo but really said "MOSH" (clever). At one point he looks over to Shannon and I, holding our infants, and recommended that we check out his buddy's band, Thrash. I looked at him very blankly and asked if I really looked like a Thrash kind of person to him. He evidently thinks we are all Thrash people and followed that up by exclaiming that they make their own beer. Well, see I didn't know that before evidently I AM a Thrash person... Yea, I didn't even type that with a straight face.
A short while after our good talk the crew went outside (not without their nachos as we all assumed they had the munchies) to support their nicotine addiction and generally goof off loudly. They periodically would run inside and exclaim something and then go back out. Pretty soon a cop pulled up and approached the gentlemen. Then another got there, then another, then another, then a SWAT guy, pretty soon we had 5 police vehicles around the front of the restaurant and long talks between the owners of those vehicles and the gentlemen. We had a front row seat for all of it and though we couldn't hear what was being said we could make that part up. In the end, no one was drug off in hand cuffs... Bummer. On the plus side, Thrash's reputation wasn't marred by the incident.
What will it be next month, Shannon?
1 week ago
3 comments:
Oh don't worry we totally want to hang out! As you know we were the last in the group to have our little bundle and it's been. . . Challenging with some issues. I can't really leave the house for much more than an hour right now, but we will get to lunch soon! You guys could come up our way :-)
I guess I can't miss the next one! What was the name of the place Shannon chose?! Did you leave it out on purpose?
It really wasn't a weird place at all just weird circumstance ... Freebirds by the mall. I'm just giving Shannon a hard time because it was so eventful. Genuinely, I was really glad for the excitement other than a dirty diaper in the monotony of the eat, play, sleep routine!
Post a Comment