Thursday, October 6, 2011

{She Said} Indeed, My Body Will Never Be the Same


Ugh. I’m down to that last 10 lbs that all moms say were the hardest to lose after having the baby. I’ll be honest- those 10 lbs aren’t my focus right now. I’m focusing on wifehood, mommihood, teacherhood, and buddyhood. And that’s all I can handle. I’ll eventually get back to working on those 10 lbs plus the other extra pounds I would have rather not had even before I got pregnant.

In addition to the weight I do realize that there are changes that won’t ever resume to pre-pregnancy status. It’s manageable. From what I hear of others, I really came out pretty unscathed.

I did have a moment while looking in the mirror the other night where I tried to appreciate my body for all it has done over the last year. All things considered- it’s done good work. It deserves some appreciation. That’s where I am at.

No comments: