Thursday, December 22, 2011

{She Said} Pedicure Prattle

I am currently getting a pedicure across from a pregnant lady that comments on what everyone else is having done... Examples:

She commented on how gross the amount of skin that was sloughed off the lady-next-to-her's feet

She huffed in disgust at the fact that the lady that was doing her pedicure had just waxed a man's back

She told another girl that she was being too picky about her manicure

She gave the lady working on her feet constant instruction on how she wasn't digging out her ingrown nail effectively

No one was safe! Except for me. I don't know if she just didn't have a comment for me or if that same special something that kept people from touching my belly when I was pregnant conveyed to her that commenting on my activities wasn't just unwelcome, it would be met with some commenting right back.

Now, I tend to be pretty comfortable with commenting on things others won't touch but I do mind my own business in public and even I know not to comment on people's dead skin or need for hair removal. Come on.

And pregnancy doesn't excuse it. Period. Mind your manners lady or I'll go all Emily Post on you.



No comments: