The other day, during a class discussion, out of nowhere one of my students loudly proclaimed, “DUCK!” and jumped to the floor. He then quickly got up and said, “oh no, we’re ok, it was a dud. We’re ok.”
As I looked at him, very perplexed, he explained that he was drinking out of his water bottle and realized that the little round ring that seals the top to the bottle before you open it was still attached to the cap of his bottle so he started to take it off. He, however, decided to leave one little plastic spoke attached and this made his bottle look like a grenade. Well, the girl infront of him had decided to pull the ring off which, as the student explained, “put us all in grave danger but it was ok because it was a dud.”
To which I responded, “oh, I’m so glad,” and went on with class.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment