Thursday, January 26, 2012

{She Said} Classroom FAQs

Instead of "class rules and procedures" lists, I have decided to go with a FAQ list. I think it will be easier for students to relate to...

Gilpin FAQs
You’re welcome.

1. Where do I turn this assignment in?
a. Are you turning it in with everyone else in the class when it is due? Then the drawer for your class by the door! Or are you turning it in late (due to absence or otherwise)? Then to Mrs. Gilpin!

2. An assignment is due but I don’t have it (or it’s not finished)- what do I do?
a. Get a Comanche Pride Cover Sheet from the red folder by the door. Fill it out completely. Then turn that in (with or without the incomplete assignment) to the basket on Mrs. Gilpin’s desk.

3. What are we doing today?
a. See the agenda on the board.

4. When is the quiz/ test this week and what does it cover?
a. See the agenda on the board.

5. What is today’s date?
a. Man, that agenda on the board is really helpful- see the agenda on the board.

6. I was absent, did I miss anything?
a. We never sit and look at the wall for an entire class period so you will always miss something. That super helpful agenda on the board can help you know that but you also need to visit the absent work board by the window. Find any papers with the date you were absent written on them and then look in the folder marked with that day of the week for a copy of that paper for you to take.

7. We had a test/ quiz while I was absent. When should I take that?
a. It was sent to your Comanche Pride teacher. You will take it in that class whenever that teacher gives it to you.

8. What do we put for “the subject” on the scantron?
a. Whatever the test is covering. See the top corner of the test.

9. I failed the test/quiz. Can I retake it?
a. Retakes for quizzes are the two Wednesdays following that quiz before and after school. Retakes for tests will be assigned by Mrs. Gilpin after the test and posted on the whiteboard at the front of the classroom. Note that you will have to correct the test first.

10. I didn’t fail the quiz/test but can I retake for a better grade?
a. For quizzes- no. For tests, you can come in at the same designated times as retakes and do corrections for points back on your test. Way to go- wanting to further your knowledge like that!

11. Do you have scissors?
a. Scissors, rulers, glue, and colored pencils are available on the supply cart by the window. It sometimes also has construction and/or blank printer paper you can use. Pencil sharpeners, tissues, and hand sanitizer is on the drawer cart by the door.

12. Can I borrow a ____ (pen, pencil, paper, etc)?
a. No. Or, I shouldn’t say no- you can’t from Mrs. Gilpin but there are a bunch of other students in the room that hopefully have something you can borrow.

13. Can I borrow a book for Comanche Pride?
a. No. First, I need them for students in this room. Second, they tend to never come back once they leave. I have to protect my prized book collection.

14. What time is it?
a. Time to get a watch or read the clock on the wall. Leave me alone about it.

15. What time do we get out of here?
a. Oh, about whenever I let you get out of here.

16. How many ducks do you have?
a. That is an ever changing number. I don’t know right now but you are welcome to count if you would like.

No comments: