Why do we get so embarrassed with autocorrect and/or typos? I mean, do you really think we all believe that when you say “you can make thins better by…” that you don’t actually know that “thins” is not the appropriate word there. OR that we can’t figure out what you mean? Why do we feel the overwhelming need to prove our intelligence by letting everyone know that we know the meaning of the words “thins” AND “things” and that we know the appropriate usage of both.
Or maybe I’m going at this all wrong. Maybe I should be judging people that use the wrong word and stop assuming that it was a typo. That would certainly make it more fun. But then people would think I am pretty stupid because not only do I make a lot of typos- I also can’t spell worth much at all (at least that is a legitimate deficiency).
It still remains that autocorrect corrects my name to “Ken” and much of the time, in emails, not until after I have hit the send button. Please assume, if you receive a message from me signed “Ken,” that I know my name, and how to spell it. Other typos, you are free to judge.
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment